About the Intelligent Systems Laboratory
The Intelligent Systems Lab (the official full title of the lab is: Intelligent Systems and Internet Applications Laboratory) is related to many exciting fields of computing, including: digital libraries, artificial intelligence, information retrieval, computation intelligence (neural networks, evolutionary algorithms, fuzzy logic and fuzzy systems), semantic web, image and signal processing, knowledge management, pattern recognition, intelligent teaching and training systems and natural language processing.
The mission of the lab is:
- The implementation of national and international research programs, either in cooperation with other research Institutes and universities or as a individual entity.
- The offer high quality PhD programs in fields that are related to intelligent systems and/or internet applications.
- The organization of scientific lectures, meetings, seminars, conferences and other events.
- The publication of high quality scientific papers in established journals and conferences.
- The promotion of cooperation with industry, public and private organizations to promote education and research in the scientific areas of the lab